Kool-Aide Purse Pattern
You will need:
7 - 10 juice pouches
You may purchase straps such as ribbon (gross grain) or anything
else that catches your fancy that can be made into straps!
To Prepare Your Pouches:
- Cut out the bottom of the pouch without separating the
front of the pouch from the back. This is to facilitate washing
the pouches throughly so they don't make a mess when you start
to sew! Wash throughly with soap and water and machine dry on
low setting for about 20 minutes - it takes too long to dry naturally!
- We are making a small purse so we will only use 2 pouches
across the front and 2 pouches across the back. If you want
your purse bigger, you can use more pouches and adjust the pattern
- For the front of your purse, overlap 2 of the pouches
putting them side by side. Do a zig zag stitch down the middle
with the front of the pouches up (the top needle make a cleaner
pattern than the bobbin side).
- Do the same as above for the back of your purse.
- For the bottom of your koolaid purse, overlap 2 pouches
from top to bottom and zigzag stitch.
- For the sides, use 1 pouch for each side.
- Attach the front and back panel to each side, leaving about 1/4"
to 1/2" unsewn at bottom of handbag.
- Sew both side panels to the front and back of your purse.
- Attach the bottom of the handbag to the bottom of your
front, back, and side panels, folding down where you left the
bottom unsewn. I think it is easier to attach your bag together
at the sides first, then sew along the longer seams at the front
and back of your bag.
- For handles, you can use ribbon or you can use additional juice
pouches to make your own handles. Simply sew to pouches top to
bottom, cut the desired width of your handles, and fold back on
each long side (about 1/4") and zig zag stitch both sides.
Fold down the top of your bag about 1/2" (to hide juice drink
tops and to make the top even) and, if you like, add some trim
(I prefer eyelash trim - it's easy to sew and looks really cute!