The Anything Goes tote bag pattern by Aunties Two is uniquely made with fabric tubes. The tubes are filled with double-sided fusible batting or medium weight cotton batting and zigzag stitched together for a one of a kind bag! Options included making this tote slouch or add outside pockets. Finished size is 15"H x 15"W x 8"D.
Materials Needed: Fabric is Bali Pops by Hoffman
- Bag - 3 yards of fabric or 40 strips 2 1/2" x 42/44"
- Binding - 1/2 yard
- Purchase additional binding fabric for optional:
- Fabric handles - 1/4 yard
- Pockets - 1 yard
- Closure - 1/4 yard or use leftover from binding fabric
- Interfacing - Double sided fusible batting - 2 1/2 yards (Duet Fuse II by Bosal or Duo Fuse by Innovative Crafts)
- Medium weight cotton batting - 3 yards (Tubes filled with cotton batting will not be as stiff as tubes filled with double sided fusible btting; the bag will be soft and slouchy but side seams will be easier to sew.
- Handles - Purchase leather handles 22" long
- Make your own using:
- Plastic plumbing tubing (.170 1/4" Polyethylene - 5 feet
- Stiff interfacing (Craft-tex, Rigid Weave, or Peltex) - 2 strips 1 and 3/4" x 27 and 1/2"
- Purchase a Happy Handles Kit with contains both the tubing and the strips of stiff interfacing pre-cut to 1 3/4" wide
- Buttons - inside pockets - 4 small and 2 medium
- Closure - 2 large buttons (or more for a layered look) and 1 magnetic sew in closure