The Camden Bags Pattern by Aunties Two are colorful zigzag stitched bags in three sizes with no shaping required! Instructions are given for making a simple rectangle for the sides and an oval for the bottom. Each bag has double carry handles and sizes are as follows: Large: 18"W x 16"H x 12"D; Medium 13" W x 12" T x 9" D; Small: 13"W x 9"H x 9"D.
- Sides of bag - Yards if using one fabric: SMALL 1.25 yds, MEDIUM 1 1/2 yds, LARGE: 3.75 yds OR 2.5" x 42/44" strips of fabric: SMALL 16 strips, MEDIUM 20 strips, LARGE: 37 strips
- Binding, bottom, handles: The length of strips for the large is 55" which is longer than normal for quilting fabric. Either cut the strips lengthwise from your fabric or sew 42/44" long strips or scraps together, then cut to get the length needed. If using one fabric, 3.75 yards includes enough for binding, bottom, and handles.
- SIDE INTERFACING (DUET FUSE II by Bosal 2 1/4" x 20 yds or 25 yds):
- Small - 1 yd or 1 roll (20 yds); Medium 1 1/4 yds or 25 ft roll, Large 2 1/2 yds or (2) 25 yd rolls
- BOTTOM INTERFACING:
- 1 yard for either size (20" x 36") Use a double sided fusible stiff interfacing like Craf-Tex Plus by Bosal or Peltex 72F by Pellon
- Handles (In additional to the fabric listing above):
- Plastic tubing (.170 and 1/4" Polyethylene) - 5 feet
- Non-fusible stiff interfacing (Craf-Tex, Peltex) - 3/4 yard
- Embelishments - Buttons both large and small for a layered look
- Other Tools:
- Sewing machine with zigzag stitch, Denim needle, circle drawing tool, graph paper, parchment paper, chalk, Milliner's needs size 7 for hand sewing