The Melford Messenger Bag Pattern by Charlie's Aunt is a 1940's vintage inspired messenger bag based on the ARP wardens' bag. There is a unique shaped front pocket and flap and this bag pattern is a practical size for everyday use. Finished size is 14" W (35cm) x 12" W (31cm) with a 2" wide depth ((5cm).
This pattern is available for immediate download at ePursePatterns.com!
- To make the entire bag in one fabric, you will need:
- 2/3 yard (60cm) of 60" (154cm) wide or 1 yard (95cm) of 44" wide (112cm) exterior fabric.
- To make with a contrast pocket and strap, you will need:
- 1/2 yard (45cm) of 60" (154cm) or 3/4 yard (65cm) of 44" (112cm) wide main exterior fabric for bag and flap
- 1/3 yard (30cm) of 60" (154cm) or 1/2 yard of 44" wide contrast fabric for pocket and strap.
- To make with a purchased strap, you will need:
- 2/3 yard (65cm) of 60" wide, or 3/4 yard (70cm) of 44" wide exterior fabric for bag, pocket, and flap
- For all combinations, you will need:
- 1/2 yard of 44" wide lining fabric
- 1/2 yard of firm sew-in interfacing
- 2/3 yard of 36" (92cm) wide fusible interfacing
- 40" x 5" (105cm x 14cm) of fusible web
- 1 magnetic snap
- 3 big buttons
- For purchased handle:
- Optional purchased strap approximately 36" (92cm) long
- Piece of fusible web approximately 4" x 4" (10cm x 10cm)