The Triangle Bag pattern by Square Rose has instructions for 5 variations of handbags, ranging in size from a mini-bag with 5 inch quilt blocks to a large quilt block bag with 8 inch blocks. Instructions are included for fast strip piecing and blocks are Sashiko, Art Deco, and Seminole patchwork. In addition, all bags are reversible!
- Mini Bag A: Sides and bottom - 1/4 yard or 1 fat quarter
- Mini Bag B: Seminole block and bottom - 1/8 yard of two fabrics and 1/4 yard of a contrasting fabric for center strip, top border, and bag bottom.
- Original Bag C: Sashiko block and bottom - 1/4 yard or 1 fat quarter
- Originial Bag D: Seminole block and bottom - 1/4 yard of two contrasting fabrics and 1/8 yard or 1 fat eighth for top border
- Large Bag E: Art Deco block and bottom - 1/8 yard or 1 fat eight of 5 fabrics and 1/4 yard of a contrasting fabric for solid separating strips, top border, and bag bottom
- In addition, you will need:
- Lining/Reverse side - 1/4 yard of 1 fat quarter for Bags A - D or 1/8 yard for Bag E
- Fleece - 1/4 yard for Bags A - D or 3/8 yard for Bag E of fusible or non-fusible light to medium weight fleece at least 38 inches wide
- Purchased Cord - 1 1/2 to 2 yards of 1/4 to 1/8 inch sturdy, non-abrading cord
- Optional Covered Cord - To make this you will need 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 yards of 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch filler cord, and some extra fabric to make bias strips to cover the cord
- Slide - A large bead or ring with a hole big enough for 3 lengths of cord