The Camp StitchALot bag pattern by Sew Sweetness is a large bag that has a specific purpose: toting all of your crafting or sewing supplies with you wherever you go! Although it would also be perfect for an art student, this tote pattern was designed with the weekend sewing retreat in mind. Features of this bag pattern include outer pockets for a 12” x 18” cutting mat, books or magazines, and/or quilt rulers. The front pocket has a handy flap and optional decorative button. To get to all of your other crafting supplies, the bag opens up completely flat so you can see everything at a glance! There are 4 inner zippered pockets made from clear vinyl which can be customized to fit smaller sections of supplies just by topstitching the vinyl. Finished size is 20" long x 14" tall. Pattern pieces are included for the front flap and front pocket.
Materials Needed: Because of all of the layers to sew through (vinyl pockets, etc.) I do not recommend using very thick fabrics for this project (tapestry, etc.)
- 1-1/2 yards of Exterior Fabric
- 1 yard fabric for back pockets
- 1-1/2 yards of Lining Fabric (Note: There are 3 pockets on the back of the bag, and 2 of them are mostly hidden (because of the first pocket); you may decide to use a less-loved fabric for 2 of the 3 back pockets.
- 3 yards of 20” wide Pellon® SF-101 Shape Flex® fusible woven interfacing (or light-weight fusible interfacing)
- 3/4 yard of By Annie’s Soft and Stable™
- 3/4 yard of Pellon Peltex #70 sew-in interfacing (or other extra-firm sew-in interfacing)
- 1-1/2 yards of 54” wide clear vinyl (I used 8 gauge/0.5mm, but choose according to your preference)
- Four 18” regular zippers
- One 1/2” magnetic snap for the large exterior flap
- Three 1/2” magnetic snaps OR 2” x 5” strip of hook and loop (Velcro) – to secure Small Flap to exterior of bag
- 2 packages of 3 yard double-fold bias tape (minimum 1/2” wide) – If you are more comfortable, feel free to use a wider bias tape
- Optional: denim needle