The Charlie Backpack Pattern by Gailen Runge, published by C&T Publishing Stash Books, includes sewing instructions and pattern templates for creating the perfect carryall for everyday, sewn with durable kraft-tex.
Trade in your sad sack for a flashy new backpack in brilliant kraft-tex—the textile that looks like leather but sews like fabric. Weaving kraft-tex into beautifully textured panels, you'll learn advanced bag-making techniques: adding interior and exterior zippered pockets, a cargo pocket, adjustable straps with buckles and eyelets, purse feet, and a swivel hook. The perfect accessory for your backpack, the woven wristlet attaches to the bag, but you'll love to carry it solo!
- Sew an ultra-hip backpack with a woven kraft-tex panel for unbelievable results
- Install zippers, adjustable straps, buckles, eyelets, purse feet, and high-end details with confidence
- Includes a bonus pattern for a wristlet that ties on to the bag but works just as well separately
40 pages with 3 pattern sheets. ISBN: 9781617457630. UPC: 734817-800880. Finished size: 13" x 14" x 4 1/2"
- 1 roll kraft*tex 1
- 1 roll kraft*tex 2
- 7/8 yd back fabric
- 1 1/8 yds lining fabric
- 3 yds fusible interfacing
- 12" zipper for top opening
- (3) 7" zippers (exterior pocket, interior pocket, wristlet
- (4) purse feet
- (2) 1" buckles
- small swivel hook
- (10) eyelets (with eyelet setter)
- 8 1/2" x 10 1/8" base material (plastic canvas)