The Catalina Sling purse pattern has easy to understand instructions for making a handbag with your own fabric choices in wedges of color. Options include wedge panels, single fabric for the entire bag, and contrasting side panel and strap. Finished size is 11 1/2" x 8 1/2" x 3 1/2".
- WEDGE PANEL OPTION: 1 fat eighths of 6 cotton fabric (for front, back and pocket)
- 1/4 yd cotton fabric (for strap and sides)
- SINGLE FABRIC OUTSIDE OPTION: 2/3 YD COTTON FABRIC
- TWO FABRIC OUTSIDE OPTION: 1/2 yd cotton fabric (front, back, pocket)
- 1/4 yd cotton fabric (sides and strap)
- Tote Lining: 1/2 yd pre-quilted fabric for lining material
- Interfacing: 1/2 yd thick fusible fleece Pellon TP#971F or light weight #987F
- 1/4 yd Pellon Decor bond fusible interfacing
- 3" x 15" of single side fusible Pellon's Peltex or Timtex or Floriani Stitch N Shape.
- Add 1/2 yd Pellon Decor bond fusible interfacing if using cotton fabric for lining
- 1 magnetic purse snap