The Bali Bags pattern is a tote bag made from fabric covered clothesline and sewn together to make a unique bag! This tote has 2 handles and the finished size is 12" W x 11" H. This pattern can be made from Bali Pops which are 2 1/2" strips of Batik fabric.
- Basic Bag - 3 yards or (36) 2 1/2" x 42" fabric strips (30 of these strips are used for the bag, 3 for the handles, 2 for the handles binding, and 1 for binding the bag)
- Optional - Lining and pockets - 1 additional yard
- Clothesline - 125 feet (Cotton clothesline that is 3/16" to 7/32" in diameter rated at 12 pounds. It can be non-cotton or synthetic as long as it is flexible)
- Thread - 50 weight 2 ply thread
- Embellishments - buttons or beads
- Tools needed - sewing machine with a free arm