The Poacher's Bag Pattern by Charlie's Aunt is a vintage inspired bag pattern with a front flap and single shoulder strap. This pattern is based on British country life in the 1940's and has a gathered front pocket and a pieced bag front. This retro handbag has instructions for either a self-fabric strap or a purchased leather strap and has 2 distinct styles - you choose how you want your bag to look! Finished size is 12 1/2"H x 15 1/2"W.
This pattern is available for immediate download at ePursePatterns.com!
- 3/4 yard (50cm) of 54" (140cm) wide or 1 yard of 44" w (112cm) exterior fabric for the entire bag OR
- Make bag with a contrast pocket and strap - 1/2 yard of main fabric and 1/4 yard of contrast fabric is 54"W (140cm), or 3/4 yard (50cm) of main fabric and 1/4 yard of contrast fabric that is 44"W (112cm)
- 2/3 yard (60cm) of 44" W (92cm) lining fabric for bag lining, front pocket lining and interior pocket
- 1/2 yard of 36"W (92cm) sew-in craft interfacing for bag body
- 1/2 yard of 36" (92cm) wide fusible interfacing for flap, strap, pocket band and interior pocket
- 1 magnetic snap
- 2 or 3 buttons approximately 1 1/4" (35mm) in diameter to trim flap
- If using a purchased strap - Leather or vinyl strap approximately 24" (60cm) long with metal ring ends OR
- Piece of fusible web approximately 4" x 6" (10 x 15cm) for strap tabs