The Book Club Bag Pattern by Around The Bobbin is a easy to make tech savvy customizable tote bag to carry your e-Readers (Kindle, Nook) or your tablets (iPad).
There are instructions for a zippered pocket for smaller items, a subdivided pocket, and an easy snap closure. Finished size is approximately 13"H x 11"W x 3"D and a paper template is provided for the bag bottom.
Materials Needed: Fabric is 42 - 44" wide of cotton quilting fabric, linens or lighter weight decorator fabrics
- 1/2 yard main fabric (main exterior panel, horizontal strips and handles)
- 1/3 yard contrasting fabric (contrasting horizontal strips, e-Reader pocket, and subdivided pocket)
- 1/2 yard contrasting fabric (vertical strips, lining, and zippered pocket)
- INTERFACING AND INTERLINING: (For quilted cotton fabrics-for heavier fabrics, use lighter weight interfacing and interlining or omit altogether.)
- 2 yards 20" medium weight woven fusible interfacing such as Pellon SF101
- 1/3 yard 44/45" (2/3 yard of 19/20") firm fusible interfacing such as Pellon Decor Bond
- 3/4 yard of 20" nonfusible stabilizer such as Pellon 928 Extra Firm Stabilizer
- 2 strips of 1 1/8" x 22" lightweight batting or felt for handles