The Cache In Hand Pattern by Aunties Two has instructions to make two different sizes of oval, zippered bags that are perfect for toiletries, knitting supplies,, sewing supplies, or even to carry as a purse! The finished size is 5" x 5" x 8" for the small bag and 6" x 6" x 10" for the large.
- FABRIC (Cotton) Bag Body and Handles - LARGE: 1 yard of one fabric or 1/2 yard each of two coordinating fabrics SMALL: 1/2 yard of one fabric or 2 fat quarters of coordinating fabrics
- Binding and Sashing - 1/2 yard
- Heat and Shape - 1/2 yard (will make 2 small cache bags) Heat and Shape is a soft batting by Innovative Craft Products that stiffens and shrinks when heated with a steam iron. This product comes in 1/2 yard packages.
- Buttons - Two 1" buttons (or more for a layered look per bag
- Zipper - One zipper at least 22" long for the large cache
- One zipper at least 18"long for the small cache
Cache in Hand bags can be made with pre-quilted fabric, fused fabric, or fabric that you have already quilted. A half yard of quilted fabric will make both bags.