The Crossbody Bag and Wallet Pattern by Aunties Two is a convenient and unique bag to carry when you want both hands free! This bag pattern can also be used as a convenient iPAD mini or Kindle carrier and also comes with a wallet pattern.
Materials Needed: Weaving strips are needed measuring 2 1/2" x 42/44" or the full width of the fabric. These will then be cut into smaller lengths after fusing and sewing. Lengthwide or long strips will run up and down; width wise or short strips will run horizontally across the bag or wallet.
- For the lengthwise strips, cut or select: 7 strips (3/4 yard) for the bag and 3 strips (1/4 yard) for wallet.
- For width wise strips, cut or select: 7 strips (3/4 yard) for the bag and 3 strips (1/4 yard) for the wallet
- Coordinating Fabric: (Cut binding and handle strips 2 1/2" x 42/44" or the full wdith of the fabric
- Bindings - 2 strips for the bag and 1 strip for the wallet
- Handles - 2 strips for the bag and 1 strip for the wallet
- Lining/Pockets - 1/2 yard for the bag and 1/4 yard for the wallet
- Interfacing 45" wide (Ue a single sided very thin fusible fleece like Bosal WS426 or Pellon 987F)
- 1 and 1/4 yards for the bag and 3/4 yard for the wallet
- Magnetic Sew in Buttons - 2 to 4 for the bag or wallet
- Optional Embellishments:
- Bows (2 1/2" x 8" strips) - 2 strips for the bag and 2 strips for the wallet
- 1" Button - 2 to 4 buttons for the bag or wallet