The White Rose Purse (or Tote) Bag Pattern by Heart To Hand is made from a heavy weight fabric and has pattern pieces for the main bag sides and the decorative rose applique and leaves. There are double handles and this bag fastens with a loop and button. Finished size is 11" x 14" (excluding handles).
- 3/4 yard heavy weight fabric for bag such as denim, canvas duck, etc.
- 3/4 yard cotton fabric for lining
- Soft & Stable By Annie's, 18" x 58" package
- 1 and 1/2 yards of 2 3/4" wide upholstery webbing for handles
- 1 and 1/2 yards of 3/4" diameter piping filler cord for inside handles
- 7" x 7" scrap of thin black or tan cotton fabric for facing at ends of handles
- 2" or 2 1/4" diameter button
- 1/3 yard heavy jute rope for closure loop
- Hand dyed cheesecloth - green for leaves, ecru for rose
- 6" x 6" scrap of wool or burlap, etc. to back rose (doesn't show)
- Green fabric to back leaves of wool, burlap, etc. (shows through cheesecloth)
- 2" x 2" scrap of dark brown or black wool for flower center
- Three 1/2" pearl beads (or buttons) for flower center
- 9" x 14" piece of heavy mat board for purse bottom (optional)
- Embroidery floss - green to match leaves, black, ecru