The Diagonally Woven Baskets Pattern by Aunties Two are fun (and handy!) baskets that can be used as candy holders or a place to store your mail or cards! When completed, these baskets measure approximately 5"W x 9" L x 6"H.
- Fabric: Cut 2.5" fabric strips the full width of cotton fabric, generally 42/44" wide. After sewing, cut left and right slanting strips to length on a 45 degree angle. Consider using contrasting fabrics for the right and left slanting strips or make it scrappy!
- 2.5" x WOF strips - 4 strips for the right slanting strips and 5 strips for the left slanting strips
- Bottom and Binding - 3/4 yard
- Interfacing: For weaving - 3/4 yard (Use single sided light fusible Ws426 by Bosal or Fusible Fleece (987F) by Pellon)
- For the Bottom - Use a double-sided stiff interfacing like Craf-Tex by Bosal or Peltex II by Pellon
- Embellishments: Buttons or Hot Fix Crystals or make handles with one or more fabric strip