The Reepham Messenger Bag Pattern by Charlie's Aunt includes seiwng instructions and pattern templates for creating a neat messenger bag in 1940s utilitarian style with asymmetrical detainling, softened with pretty pleating and trimmed with buttons. There is a practical back pocket, which also doubles as a template for an interior pocket. Perfectly sized for everyday use; makes up beautifully in most fabrics including tweeds, corduroy and velvet to cotton canvas. Make a fabric strap or add a purchased one. Finished size: 11" H x 12" W x 2" D, with a 39" strap length.
- 1 yd exterior fabric for bag back, upper front, lower front, flap, back pocket, strap or strap tabs
- 3/4 yd lining fabric for bag lining, back pocket lining adn one complete interior pocket
- 3/4 yd sew-in craft interfacing for bag body and upper flap
- 1 yd fusible interfacing for under flap, exterior and interior pocket, plus strap if needed
- 4" x 40" of fusible web for strap
- 1 magnetic snap
- 2 or 3 buttons 1" diameter for flap