The Sedgeford Bag Pattern by Emma Brennan of Charlie's Aunt Patterns includes sewing instructions and pattern templates for creating a bag with simple clean lines reminiscent of the styles of the 1940s but with a modern asymmetrical twist, in Charlie's Aunt signature style. This bag is the perfect size to house all of the essentials for a day at the office, or out and about in the town or country. It is made with two contrasting fabrics, anything from tweeds paired with corduroy or velvet for autumn/winter, to heavy cotton canvas or patterned linen for spring/summer. Finished size: 9" H x 14" W x 2" D, with 40" strap length.
This pattern is available for immediate download at ePursePatterns.com!
- 1/2 yd exterior fabric 1 for upper front/back, upper flap, and one strap piece
- 1/2 yd exterior fabric 2 for lower front/back, flap underside, and one strap piece
- 2/3 yd lining fabric for bag and one interior pocket
- 2/3 yd firm sew-in interfacing for bag body and upper flap
- 1/3 yd fusible interfacing for under flap and one interior pocket
- 40" x 5" of fusible web for strap
- 1 magnetic snap
- 2 large buttons 1 3/4" diameter
- 2" x 12" piece of plastic canvas for base