The Sidestrand Bag Pattern by Charlie's Aunt includes sewing instructions and pattern templates for creating a bag with a graceful design with a 1930s feel, with elegant asymmetrical styling and a sophisticated bow, the perfect size and shape for smart daywear or special occasions. The Sidestrand Bag looks stunning in a huge range of fabrics from tweeds and corduroy for classic daywear, to pretty printed fabrics or even silk to elevate it into something very special. This vintage inspired pattern includes a template for an interior patch pocket, of which you can make one or two. Finished size: 8" H x 14" W at the widest point, with a 2" base width.
This pattern is available for immediate download at ePursePatterns.com!
- 2/3 yd exterior fabric for bag body, flap, strap and bow
- 1/2 yd lining fabric for bag body and 1 interior pocket
- 1/2 yd of 36" wide firm sew-in interfacing
- 1/2 yd of 36" wide fusible interfacing
- 2" x 4" fusible web for bow center
- Magnetic snap
- Piece of plastic canvas for base 2" x 12"