The Colne Valley Bag Pattern by Charlie's Aunt includes sewing instructions and pattern templates for creating a travel bag with a substantial 1940s-influenced style, and large enough to house all of the essentials but neat enough for everyday use. The Colne Valley bag features a contrasting lower section, double straps (homemade or purchased), and a choice of interior patch or zipper pockets. Finished size: 19" W x 13" H x 5" D.
- 14" fabric - bag top and flap (front and back)
- 1/3 yd contrasting fabric - bag bottom
- 1 yd lining fabric - bag body, interior pockets
- 1 1/4 yds of 36" fisible interfacing - bag body, flap, interior pockets
- 1 yd of 26" width interlining (foam or fleece)
- To interface bag lining you will need an extra yard of 36" fusible interfacing
- Magnetic snap
- 2" Large button
- 5" x 14" Piece of plastic canvas - base
If making your own straps:
- 7" x 44" fabric
- 7" x 44" fusible interfacing or fusible web
If using purchased straps: (2) 3/4" width straps, approx. 39" long
Ten pages of instructions plus full-sized pattern pieces.