The Bircham Bag Pattern by Charlie's Aunt includes sewing instructions and pattern templates for creating an elegant, serviceable bag that is reminiscent of the styles of the 1940s but with Charlie's Aunt's signature asymmetrical twist. It features panels on the bag body and flap with curved seams, and is made in two contrasting fabrics. It is trimmed with a flourish of buttons on the flap. Finished size: 10" H x 13 1/2" W x 2" D.
- 1/2 yd main exterior fabric - upper front/back, flap front lower section, flap back and underside of strap
- 1/3 yd contrast exterior fabric - lower front/back, flap front upper section and topside of strap
- 2/3 yd lining fabric - bag and one or two interior pockets
- 2/3 yd of 36" width firm sew-in interfacing (and optional foam/fleece) - bag body and flap front
- 1/3 yd of 36" width fusible interfacing - flap back and one interior pocket
- 40" x 5" fusible web (plus of fusible interfacing depending on fabric weight) - strap
- Magnetic snap
- (3) 1" Buttons - to trim flap
Eight pages of instructions plus full-size pattern pieces.