A knitted fabric handbag pattern by Jill Abeloe Mead with step-by-step instructions and photos on making a shoulder bag by knitting fabric! This is a great beginners guide that uses strips of fabric and all instructions are in plain English - no knitting pattern language. Finished size is 10 inches wide x 13 inches tall (plus shoulder strap).
- 44/45 inches quilter's weight 100% cotton or 100% rayon fabric:
- 3 yards of blue batik for shoulder bag and shoulder strap
- 1/3 yd of printed fabric for shoulder bag lining
- 1/2 yd band and white stripe for shoulder bag binding trim
- 1 yd of heavy duty iron on adhesive (We recommend a Therm-O-Web product called HeatnBond ultra hold)
- Size #17 knitting needles (1/2 inch in diameter)
- Decorative brooch, button and/or a magnetic purse closure (snap)